Use a Professional for Duct Improvements
- Air Cleaners and Air Filters
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning and Heating Replacement
- Appliance Repair
- Attic Insulation
- Carbon Monoxide Testing
- Duct Cleaning
- Duct Repair or Replacement
- Heating Repair
- UV Lighting
- Zoning Systems
Expert Air Conditioning Service and Installations for residents of the Texas Counties of Dallas, Collin, and Rockwall
Work with a Professional Contractor for Duct Improvement Projects
Many homeowners choose to work with a professional contractor for duct improvement projects. Most heating and cooling equipment contractors also repair ductwork. Look for a contractor that will:
- Inspect the whole duct system, including attic and crawlspaces.
- Evaluate the system's supply and return air balance. Many systems have air return ducts that are too small.
- Repair damaged and disconnected ducts and straighten out flexible ducts that are tangled or crushed.
- Seal all leaks and connections with mastic, metal tape, or an aerosol-based sealant.
- Seal all registers and grills tightly to the ducts.
- Insulate ducts in unconditioned areas (like attics, crawlspaces, and garages) with duct insulation that carries an R-value of 6 or higher.
- Include a new filter as part of any duct system improvement. The contractor should evaluate air flow after repairs are completed.
- Ensure there is no back drafting of gas or oil-burning appliances, and conduct a combustion safety test after ducts are sealed.
Energy Star - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - U.S. Department of Energy
Our service experts are here to help: