Rely on Us for Quality Duct Cleaning in Dallas
When it comes to being smart with HVAC, air duct cleaning is one of the best investments you can make. As time goes on, the walls of your AC or furnace system become covered in layers of dust and allergens. These not only lead to discomfort for people breathing the air but can also put an undue burden on your HVAC systems.
Fortunately, if you live in Dallas, Collin & Rockwall Counties, you have a duct cleaning expert in your backyard. Read on for more information about the services we provide and the benefits of taking a brush to your ventilation.
To schedule a duct cleaning appointment in Dallas or Plano, reach out to us at (972) 771-5987.
Why Air Duct Cleaning is Important for Your Health
Indoor air quality is a big problem in the 21st century, both here and abroad. As homes become better sealed against the elements, the importance of having clean air inside your home increases. Without even knowing it, your air duct system could be contaminated with particulates that are harmful to you and your family.
Each time the HVAC system turns on, it can circulate dust, dust mites, animal dander, pollen, and bacteria throughout the air inside your home. Below are a few statistics that help drive home the IAQ crisis that people in Dallas and other parts of the world face:
- The EPA has ranked indoor air quality as one of the top five environmental risks to public health.
- According to Total Health magazine, 1 out of 4 people who suffer from allergies, do so due to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct system.
- Indoor air is 2-5 times dirtier than outdoor air.
The Benefits of Duct Cleaning in Dallas
- Less Dusting: After just a few hours of stagnancy, dust starts to settle in your ductwork. When you turn on your furnace or AC, however, it doesn’t stay put for long. Instead, it’s spat out into your living area and sticks to your floor, furniture, and other surfaces. When you get your ducts cleaned, that’s less likely to happen. So, that feather duster can stay in the closet and your home can pass the white glove test a little longer.
- Relief for Allergy Sufferers: More than 50 million Americans have allergies. A good portion of them owe their suffering to the mold and fungi living in their ventilation systems. When you properly clean your ducts, these triggering substances are removed, which means less itchy eyes and fewer sneezing fits. Appliance & Air Care Experts's duct cleaning services also gets rid of irritants that often cause coughing in otherwise healthy people.
- Removal of Smells and Odors: Every house has a smell. Maybe yours is a mix of watercolor paint and fabric softener. In many homes, however, it’s not a pleasant scent. Pet odors, paint fumes, hints of mildew, and tobacco smoke can settle into your home and your ducts lingering for months on end. Professional duct cleaners can help remove these odors for good and leave you with a fresher, healthier home.
Our Duct Cleaning Process
Before getting started, our technician will take a moment to introduce him or herself. They will then take a quick tour of your home. This will allow them to pinpoint the registers. Once that's done, he or she will get to work.
We scrubs away the built-up dirt and debris with a rotary brush. An attached vacuum sucks up what was shed. To get to your air ducts, the tech removes each register to allow him or her to insert the vacuum hose. After cleaning each branch, the registers are reattached.
Getting access to your main air duct trunk lines can involve removing an end cap or making an 'access opening' which is repaired and sealed after the cleaning is done. If we find any issues with your ductwork, we will also make recommendations on repairing them.
Trust Us with Your Air Duct Cleaning in the Dallas, Collin & Rockwall Counties
Air Duct Cleaning FAQs
How Long Will It Take for Appliance & Air Care Experts to Clean My Ducts?
It typically takes between four and six hours to clean ducts from start to finish. This number is about the average we see for a home with around 15 registers. Depending on the number of technicians present and the state of your HVAC systems, this time can vary widely. If time is of concern, let our technician know when he or she arrives.
Is there Anything I Should Avoid when Picking a Duct Cleaning Company?
Follow your instincts. If a price seems 'too good to be true', it probably is. Duct cleaning is hard, time-consuming work and, as with anything in life, you get what you pay for. This kind of price is either a 'come-on' that gets them in the door where they will 'up-sell' you or a sign that the job won't be done very well. It's always better to deal with a company that you know and that will stand by their work. With Appliance & Air Care Experts's Satisfaction Guarantee, we're not happy until you are!